Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2009:
Re: Future of this mailing list

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Aaron Kaplan <lists2546@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 13:46:55 +0200

John Goerzen wrote:

> What do people think of the Google Groups or Mailman on alioth options?

I migrated a group to google groups in the past year, and ended up not
very happy with the choice.  For one thing, people have to create a
google account in order to subscribe themselves.  It's strange--the
moderator can subscribe someone who doesn't have a google account, but
the person can't do it himself.  Not that mailman has the most
convenient interface ever, but at least you don't have to create yet
another account and store/remember yet another password.

Also, if you got a subscriber list import approved after a month, you're
lucky.  In my case they just rejected the request.  I had to import 100
addresses by hand, a few at a time, and they won't even tell you how
many "a few" is, but if you go over the secret limit then something bad
happens.

-Aaron