Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2009:
Re: Future of this mailing list

To: Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Marc MERLIN <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:04:23 -0700

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 08:47:28PM +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Sep 2009, Marc MERLIN wrote:
> > > I prefer alioth, Google groups often gives me pain.
> >
> > Just curious: which kind of pain?
>
> Stop sending emails due to bouncing spam eg

Ah, I see. My mailman installs would actually do the same to you.
VERP list maintenance indeed doesn't get along with spam on a list.

That said for a subscriber only list, that should not happen since it blocks
spam, and that removes work on the list owner for having to manually remove
bouncing addresses.

BTW, I'm not trying to push one against the other, especially as I am a
google employee. I was just curious as a former large list maintainer
(lists.sourceforge.net) and mailman developer.

Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/