Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: September 2009:
Re: Future of this mailing list

To: Marc MERLIN <marc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "T. Joseph Carter" <carter.tjoseph@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 14:56:17 -0700

My #1 objection to Google is the headache I had to go through to get
copies of my own messages from lists--though that had a lot to do
with Gmail and shouldn't really factor into Google Groups too much.

I had to use two Gmail accounts and couldn't get rid of the Sender:
nonsense.  Of course, the new way to do that (authenticated SMTP on
the server you want to send from) doesn't actually solve that.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a good solution to this except
for using another server to fake a from address.

If my figuring that none of that matters to Google Groups, I'm fine
with that (although I'm unlikely to use the web forum.)  I am more
familiar with mailman, obviously.

Joseph

--
How many children in America are not taught how to read?
If they are blind, the answer is 90%--more than 52,000 children!