Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2008:
Re: Request for help: bug tracker

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Request for help: bug tracker
From: Simon Ward <simon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 11:37:09 +0100

On Fri, Oct 03, 2008 at 08:09:39PM -0700, David L. Emerson wrote:
> As an end user, I don't want to be on a(nother) mailing list. I just
> have one question, and I want an answer to that question, not 100
> emails discussing other issues.
If the mailing list allows non-members to post, the user can send a
message to the list and ask to be CCâ??d in replies (explaining this
could be a bit of a task).

> Forums are certainly better â?¦

Services like Nabble[1] and Gmane[2] can be used to provide other
front-ends to the list that people may be more comfortable with.

[1]: http://www.nabble.com/
[2]: http://www.gmane.org/info.php?group=gmane.mail.imap.offlineimap.general

Simon
simple system that works.â??John Gall