Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2008:
Re: Request for help: bug tracker

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Request for help: bug tracker
From: "David L. Emerson" <demerson3x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 20:09:39 -0700

Hi John,

I frequently find myself in the frustrated end user's shoes, so I can
understand the mentality that causes someone to file a bug report
against what is really a support issue. (Though I don't think I've ever
actually done it myself)

As an end user, I don't want to be on a(nother) mailing list. I just
have one question, and I want an answer to that question, not 100
emails discussing other issues.

Forums are certainly better (since they don't clog my email, although I
still have to sift through many irrelevant topics in order to find my
own answer) but what I really would like would be like a "one-off"
question, where I could get emailed responses only to that question,
and not any other question. It would be like a reduced mailing list ...
subscription only to a thread (or threads) that I start -- and which I
start from the web page, not by logging into my email.

I could shoot off more ideas :)

~David.