Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: October 2008:
Re: Request for help: bug tracker

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Request for help: bug tracker
From: Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:41:48 +0200

On Fr, 03 Okt 2008, Christopher Warrington wrote:
> > - just leave them rot away
> > - answer, tell that this is a support request and it should be answered
> >   on a mailing list/forum/whatever, then close the bug
> > - close the bug straight away, tagging it not a bug
>
> What tends to work best, in your experience?

Old bugs I have taken over from tetex I tend to leave rotting away. FOr
new bugs it depends on the bug report. If it is one of the Ubuntu kind
"I does not work! - What have you done? - I don't know, a friend told me
to type sudo rm -rf /" (and yes, Ubuntu bug reports seem to tend into
this category) then I just ignore them/close them with the comment, not
a bug.

Decent bug reports -- and you can decide between decent and not
relatively easy -- I try to help to some point time permitting, or I
answer please ask an appropriate list.

Best wishes

Norbert

Dr. Norbert Preining <preining@xxxxxxxx>        Vienna University of Technology
Debian Developer <preining@xxxxxxxxxx>                         Debian TeX Group
TYNE and WEAR (nouns)
The 'Tyne' is the small priceless or vital object accidentally dropped
on the floor (e.g. diamond tie clip, contact lens) and the 'wear' is
the large immovable object (e.g. Welsh dresser, car-crusher) that it
shelters under.
                        --- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff