Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2004:
Re: Connection problems

To: Scott Lambert <lambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Connection problems
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:24:04 -0500

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 01:07:20PM -0400, Scott Lambert wrote:
> I think most of my network problems are caused by the NDIS driver shims
> for my wireless card on my FreeBSD-CURRENT system.  But, I have not
> actually found the problem yet.  That's higher on my priority list than
> my offlineimap blowups.  It really sucks to lose all 20 of your ssh
> sessions.  I don't seem to have time for that one either...

You might consider running OfflineIMAP from cron.  This will, of course,
force it to establish a new connection each time it runs, but OTOH if
there's a problem, it will only effect that one particular scheduled
run.  The Noninteractive.Quiet UI is useful for this.  Of course, you
will then have to store your password or authentication info somewhere.