Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2004:
Re: Connection problems

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Connection problems
From: Scott Lambert <lambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:07:20 -0400

On Wed, Apr 21, 2004 at 11:36:53AM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 19, 2004 at 04:06:16PM -0400, Scott Lambert wrote:
> > Personally, I would prefer that offlineimap handle network exceptions
> > and sleep for the next autorefresh period rather than letting python
> > blow up and print a traceback.  The only time it should blow up is if it
> > finds a data inconsistency and doesn't want to do damage.  Even then it
> > would be nice if it could describe the error it found and exit rather
> > than just using the python traceback.
>
> That feature has been on the todo list for awhile.  Unfortunately, it's
> not very easy to accomplish with the present architecture, and I haven't
> had the time or inclination to do it :-)  (However, patches will be
> accepted <g>)

I'll just have to hope someone has a supply of those two very rare
items. :-)

I think most of my network problems are caused by the NDIS driver shims
for my wireless card on my FreeBSD-CURRENT system.  But, I have not
actually found the problem yet.  That's higher on my priority list than
my offlineimap blowups.  It really sucks to lose all 20 of your ssh
sessions.  I don't seem to have time for that one either...

lambert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx