Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: April 2004:
Connection problems

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Connection problems
From: Micah Anderson <micah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 11:30:33 -0500

I love offlineimap, I am an advocate and a missionary, it was what I
had been searching for, and now I am much happier and I am trying to
make others happier also :)

There is only one problem I have with offlineimap that I haven't seen
a resolution for. I often startup offlineimap when I startup, and just
let it autorefresh during the day. This works great, except when my
network connection dies, either because the wireless connection is
bad, or because the DSL goes down, or for whatever reason. I have
offlineimap minimized somewhere ages ago and hours later I wonder why
I haven't gotten any email, so I go and look and boom offlineimap has
exitted with some nasty python backtrace because it couldn't look up
the host or make a connection or something.

Is there anyway to make offlineimap connection smart, ie. if I am
offline it is able to know that (I suppose by trying to connect and
failing) and to just wait and try again later?

Thanks!
micah

----
"Naturally, the common people don't want war, but after all, it
is the leaders of a country who determine the policy...Voice or no
voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.
This is easy.  All you have to do is to tell them they are being
attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and
exposing the country to danger. It works the same in every country."
                                                  -- Goering, Nuremburg trial