Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2003:
Re: Problem with two-way syncing

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Problem with two-way syncing
From: Jean-Michel Hiver <jhiver@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 21 Jul 2003 08:48:40 +0100

> OflineIMAP does not create folders on the server, since detecting exactly
> what is a folder on the local side can be problematic.  However, if you go
> to your server and create the appropriate folders, the messages should be
> synced up to it and you should be OK.  (Back up your local folders first
> though -- I've never tested this particular situation before.)

Ok I've done that with one of the folders. It seems to work, except that
it was necessary to run offlineimap 3 times or so...

It would be nice if offlineimap had extra options in the config file as
follow:

[Repository Local]
(some config)
folder_auto_create = false
folder_prune_empty = true

[Repository Remote]
(some config)
folder_auto_create = true
folder_prune_empty = true

By defaults these variables would be false for backwards compatibility.

Do you think that'd be possible?
Sorry to be such a luser with annoying feature requests :)

Cheers,
Jean-Michel.