Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2003:
Re: .ebuild for Gentoo Linux users

To: Andrew Cowie <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: .ebuild for Gentoo Linux users
From: Jens Hoffrichter <joho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:10:01 +0200

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 12:05:15AM +1000, Andrew Cowie wrote:

> > OfflineIMAP 4.0 is released today.
>
> Congratulations John!
I would like to congratulate, too!

> > OfflineIMAP may be obtained from http://quux.org/devel/offlineimap.  Debian
> > users may install OfflineIMAP directly by running apt-get install
> > offlineimap in approximately 48 hours.
>
> I've written an ebuild script so Gentoo Linux users can  download &
> install OfflineIMAP to their machines. See file offlineimap-4.0.0.ebuild in:
>
> http://www.operationaldynamics.com/reference/software/gentoo/offlineimap/
>
> [In case you're wondering, no, I'm not a Gentoo dev. Recently, someone
> else wrote an ebuild for 3.99.17 and submitted it, but it seems a bit
> buggy, so I have submitted this .ebuild as an alternative (Gentoo
> #24804). It's been working great for me all day. I'll keep the files at
> the above link up to date in case anyone on the list is interested]
It is very probable that it was me who submitted the .ebuild on
breakmygentoo.net.

But unfortunately the guys of breakmygentoo didn't include it on their site,
so I didn't cared THAT much for the ebuild. It worked for me :)

Or had someone submitted an .ebuild for .17 to gentoo? Last time I looked
no one had :)

CU all,
Jens
--
GPG: 1024D/CF884D50  F2E8 F7FC F823 6464 4E9D  EFAB 6EE9 8B9C CF88 4D50
  Jens Hoffrichter / joho@xxxxxxxxxxxx / Joho@IRC / Fon: 0172/5376989