Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2003:
Problem with two-way syncing

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Problem with two-way syncing
From: Jean-Michel Hiver <jhiver@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Jul 2003 23:19:34 +0100

Hi,

Originally I was using only IMAP and a set of Perl IMAP filters, so
everything was entirely done through IMAP.

Since I was using mutt, which doesn't cache IMAP server messages, I
started using offlineimap to be able to quickly browse my mail.

However with increasing quantities of email, I have to have another
approach. Setting mail filters manually is not very practical, plus my
mailbox has gradually become a real mess despite the existing filters.

So today I devised a Perl script that would analyze all the messages in
my maildir folder and reorganize them properly and automatically. It
works very well, and creates plenty of different new directories in
which messages are stored.

After doing this operation I relaunched offlineimap. Shock and horror,
it deleted the message which were moved, but did not sync the locally
created mailboxes back on the IMAP server!

Any ideas what went wrong?

I'm using offlineimap 4.0
Here's my config:

[jhiver@future jhiver]$ more .offlineimaprc
[general]
accounts = Test
metadata = ~/.offlineimap_metadata
ui = Noninteractive.Basic

[Account Test]
localrepository = Local
remoterepository = Remote

[Repository Local]
type = Maildir
localfolders = ~/Maildir
folderfilter = lambda foldername: 1

[Repository Remote]
type = IMAP
remotehost = mail.webarchitects.co.uk
remoteuser = jhiver
remotepass = greengramp
nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^INBOX.', '', foldername)
folderfilter = lambda foldername: 1

--
Cheers,