Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: Where to from here?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Where to from here?
From: The Doctor What <docwhat@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 12:53:26 -0500

* John Goerzen (jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx) [020712 09:52]:

> Hi,
>
> Since the release of version 3.x, all the features I had originally planned
> for OfflineIMAP have been implemented.  I'd like to thank Juergen, Martijn,
> Niel, and the others that have helped find, debug, and fix compatibility
> with various IMAP servers.

I haven't played with 3.0, yet...but I have 2.0.8 running on my
sharp Zaurus, Squee.

One feature that'd be nice is have the option of running offlineimap
without any threading support.  Currently, even if you set
maxconnections to 1, it still tries to load up threads.  I mention
this because Squee originally had a non-threaded version of python
and couldn't run. :-(

Also, I would like to add an example config for my system, since it
took me awhile to figure out how the "reference" option impacted the
folderfilter and nametrans options:

[Gerf]
localfolders = ~/Mail
remotehost = gerf.org
ssl = yes
remoteuser = docwhat
reference = Mail
# Trims off the preceeding Mail on all the folder names.
nametrans = lambda foldername: re.sub('^Mail/', '', foldername)
# Yeah, you have to mention the Mail dir, even though it would
# seem intuitive that reference would trim it.
folderfilter = lambda foldername: foldername in [
        'Mail/INBOX',
        'Mail/list/zaurus-general',
        'Mail/list/zaurus-dev',
        ]
maxconnections = 1
holdconnectionopen = no

Other than that, I think it's keen. :-)

Ciao!

--
The success of Win 9x does not surprise me.
Many people wouldn't know a good OS if it

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@xxxxxxxx                                                   KF6VNC