Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: Where to from here?

To: The Doctor What <docwhat@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Where to from here?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 19:47:25 -0500

On Fri, Jul 12, 2002 at 12:53:26PM -0500, The Doctor What wrote:

> I haven't played with 3.0, yet...but I have 2.0.8 running on my
> sharp Zaurus, Squee.
>
> One feature that'd be nice is have the option of running offlineimap
> without any threading support.  Currently, even if you set
> maxconnections to 1, it still tries to load up threads.  I mention
> this because Squee originally had a non-threaded version of python
> and couldn't run. :-(

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner; don't know how I missed this.

Anyway, it's pretty difficult to make a program that is both multi-threaded
and non-threaded.  In our case, it could probably work with -1 and if
somebody wrote a dummy threading library that "fakes" the thread stuff.
That said, it's not high on my to-do list, but you're welcome to submit it
as a bug; maybe somebody will happen along later and go after it :-)

> Also, I would like to add an example config for my system, since it
> took me awhile to figure out how the "reference" option impacted the
> folderfilter and nametrans options:

I'll note this in the manual.  Is it OK if I credit your e-mail address with
it?

> Other than that, I think it's keen. :-)

Great!

John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>    GPG: 0x8A1D9A1F    www.complete.org