Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: Where to from here?

To: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Where to from here?
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 14:51:20 -0400

On Mon, Jul 15, 2002 at 01:13:49PM -0500, John Goerzen wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 01:48:13PM -0400, Martijn Pieters wrote:
>
> > I'd love to see a graphical configuration editor. Shouldn't be hard, I think
> > I may take up that task. :)
>
> This would be excellent.  I'd like to offer two suggestions:
>
> 1. Don't tie it to TK or any other UI; can we use the UIBase/modular system
> for it?

I certianly have it in my head that there will be a Configurator class that
doesn't specify UI. So, "yes".

> 2. Can this be generalized to be used in other Python programs that use
> ConfigParser?  I use it in PyGopherd as well, and that would be great.

The basic fuctionality certainly. I'll have to think about the UI
abstractions for features such as the folderfilter functionality I have in
mind, though, as this is pretty offlineimap specific.

Looks like we'd need some sort of abstract config schema representation
as well if we're to make this generic.

--
Martijn Pieters