Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: offlineimap: July 2002:
Re: Where to from here?

To: offlineimap@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Where to from here?
From: Martijn Pieters <mj@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 14:39:57 -0400

On Thu, Jul 25, 2002 at 02:25:42PM -0400, Martijn Pieters wrote:
> I just wanted to say that the new Blinkenlights UI is absolutely great! I
> find it very mesmerizing, its display beats routers any day! I now prefer
> the blinking leds over the cronjob I used to run.

Oh, and before I forget, OfflineIMAP is also much faster than earlier
iterations; running 'offlineimap -o' (4 threads) now takes around 35 seconds
to do all 45 folders. This is a 90% sspeed increase from what I saw
before.Tested with both Noninteractive.Quiet and Tk.Blinkenlights, with
Blinkenlights just as fast.

Note that when I don't run only once (omit -o) syncs go even faster because
OfflineIMAP retains the connection between syncs and so doesn 't have to
reconnect.

--
Martijn Pieters