Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2004:
[linux-help] Re: strange mail problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: strange mail problem
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 12:21:57 -0600

crap ... i believe i found the problem ... stratitec.com _IS_ hosted
with powweb (arg, it would be nice to be informed of this kind of stuff
being an admin and all!) ...

on powweb's DNS page, they have mail.stratitec.com being 66.152.97.37,
which is incorrect ... it looks like someone made a mail2.stratitec.com
that points to the correct IP (65.66.90.193) and added an MX record for
mail2.stratitec.com with a priority of 1 ...

(after doing some digging, we apparently use interland.net to host our
"real" DNS ... ugh ... talk about a screwy setup ...)

all of powweb's DNS servers seem to think that they should accept mail
for stratitec.com (like you mentioned) and the mail gets sent nowhere

after doing more digging (ugh, does no one believe in documentation???)
all the stratitec.com crap in powweb is just sitting there doing
nothing! (nslookup on stratitec.com resolves to completely different IP)

temporarily disabled powweb's DNS services on stratitec.com to see if
that makes any difference :S

-g-

--
"...Here you are and you're