Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2004:
[linux-help] Re: strange mail problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: strange mail problem
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:50:42 -0600

I find this interesting:

ssaner-jupiter% telnet mail.lloydnet.org 25
Trying 66.152.97.37...
Connected to mail.lloydnet.org.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 mail04.powweb.com ESMTP Postfix
helo jupiter.hubris.net
250 mail04.powweb.com
mail from: <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxx>
250 Ok
rcpt to: <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
250 Ok
data
354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
This is a test
.
250 Ok: queued as 65874FFBAE
quit
221 Bye

Did you get my test message? mail.lloydnet.org seemed to happily
accept my message to your stratitec.com address. That indicates to me
that it either thinks that it should handle stratitec.com mail, or it
is acting as an open relay (both of which are bad).

I think it may be time to talk to your hosting provider and see what
their logs are saying.

Steve