Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2004:
[linux-help] Re: strange mail problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: strange mail problem
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:33:01 -0600

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 11:14, Steven Saner wrote:
> Is there any chance that mail.lloydnet.org believes that it is
> supposed to handle the stratitec.com domain?

not that i know of ... *.lloydnet.org is hosted with powweb.com and DNS
is hosted at datility ...  stratitec.com is hosted locally here at work
(just down the hall from me, actually) ...

> This would explain the
> behavior. Basically if when mail got to mail.lloydnet.org, if it
> determined that it was supposed to deliver that message locally or
> handle it in some way, then it would never try to send it to either of
> the MXs for stratitec.com.

that makes sense, but mail.stratitec.com has nothing to do with powweb
what-so-ever ... i have root access to mail.stratitec.com, but only have
very limited access to mail.lloydnet.org ...

this just recently started (in the past day or two) ... the only config
that's changed on mail.stratitec.com was the aliases file (which appears
to be good) on the 4th and i haven't changed any settings that i have
access to on lloydnet.org in months ...  also, others have recently
reported problems where people have supposedly sent them e-mail, but it
never arrived (i haven't had a chance to dig into those reports much
yet)...

thanks,
-g-

--
"...
They called me chicken legs, they called me four-eyes