Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2004:
[linux-help] Re: strange mail problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: strange mail problem
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 11:06:42 -0600

On Wed, 2004-02-11 at 11:00, David Carmichael wrote:
> It reads like a DNS error some where...

that was my initial thought when i saw that there were no entries in
/var/log/maillog ...

> they are not passing along '.org'
> correctly and just dumping any email in the bit bucket along the way.

they being my hosting provider or stratitec?

and how would i check if this is correct?  here's what i get with 'host'
on mail.stratitec.com:

[glandix@mail log]$ host lloydnet.org
lloydnet.org has address 66.152.98.18
lloydnet.org has address 66.152.98.19

[glandix@mail log]$ host mail.lloydnet.org
mail.lloydnet.org has address 66.152.97.37

[glandix@mail log]$ host mx.lloydnet.org
mx.lloydnet.org has address 66.152.97.37

this is all correct according to all the information i have on powweb's
operations site.

-g-
--
"And who do you think I am?