Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: February 2004:
[linux-help] strange mail problem

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] strange mail problem
From: Jesse Kaufman <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 10:48:51 -0600

i'm running postfix 2.0.11 on a CPUBuilders OS (essentially the same as
RH9) and getting some strange things happening when sending mail.

Here are the tests I've run:
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx -> glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx : WORKS
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -> glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx : WORKS
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -> glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx : WORKS
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx -> glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxx : FAILS
glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx -> <anything>@stratitec.com : FAILS

The thing that's really blowing my mind is that anything sent from my
lloydnet.org address to any stratitec.com address NEVER appears in the
maillog on mail.stratitec.com!  No connections what-so-ever are made
from mail.lloydnet.org to mail.stratitec.com!  I don't have access to
the logs on mail.lloydnet.org (it's actually hosted by powweb.com), so I
don't know if anything appears in the maillog there.

Essentially, the e-mail sent from glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx to anything at
stratitec.com just disappears. I'm able to send/receive other e-mail
with both my stratitec and (obviously) lloydnet.org addresses.

Mail client settings have been quadruple+ checked, so i'm 100% positive
they are all correct ... besides, i can use powweb's webmail interface
to mail.lloydnet.org and I get the same problem ... hell, i can telnet
to port 25 and do smtp commands by hand and i still get the same
problem... (no errors are displayed and they're running postfix as
well).

thanks,
-g-
--