Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2002:
[linux-help] SiPix StyleCam

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] SiPix StyleCam
From: David Wiebe <dww@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 00:01:50 -0600

Due to Christmas, our household now has a SiPix StyleCam.  It's an awfully
cute little USB digital camera, but so far  I haven't been able to get my
Mandrake 7.2 system to recognize it.

After attempting to connect the camera I get the following in
/var/log/messages:

Jan  3 14:30:58 localhost kernel: usb.c: USB new device connect, assigned
device number 2
Jan  3 14:30:59 localhost kernel: usb.c: This device is not recognized by any
installed USB driver.

Also the driver is not listed in /proc/bus/usb/drivers

I've never used a USB device under Linux, so any help would be appreciated.

Dave