Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: January 2002:
[linux-help] Re: DLINK DFE-530TX+ & Debian 2.2.18pre12

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: DLINK DFE-530TX+ & Debian 2.2.18pre12
From: Bruce Bales <bbales@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 23:30:02 -0600

 Zeke,
I found the disk that came with my 530TX+ and it has the rtl8139.c driver.
Also found the following comments.  Apparently the 530tx and the 530tx+ use
different drivers.  The 8139 driver should work with your card.

D-Link 530TX and D-Link 530TX+ NICs fine cards, but... posted by anonymous
on 2000-04-14
Comment: Both cards work great, but don't let the very similar names fool
you. The TX uses the via-rhine driver and the TX+ uses the RealTek
            driver. FYI the TX+ is a WOL card. TX's are pretty cheap. I've
seen them as low as $15.00. Anon

     Comments:
             Installed two DLINK 530TX+ in a future firewall box and
everything went perfect. I used the RealTek driver, provided with card, and
Slackware 7.0, kernel 2.2.13. Only had to compile the provided driver
(instructions included w/cards), repeat the rc.inet1 script for the second
ethernet interface and check the routing tables. That's it!