Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Linux and BSD

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux and BSD
From: "Sudharsha" <adithya111@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 14:57:50 +0600

Hi ,
I have windows and Linux red hat 6.2 on the same partition .
What I did was I first installed windows and when installing linux I
chose manual partition and left the fat partition and created parttions on
the free space you can do it with FreeBSD.
or to be safe what you can  do is remove the cable from the linux hard disk
now and fix the new hard disk and then install FreeBSD on the new hard disk
and if you are using a new mother board pentium or there after you should
have a option in the BIOS called Boot from D it should be in the BIOS SETUP
, depends on the mother board manifacture reffer to the manual
if it is there you can fix your freeBSD hard disk as the Primary slave and
when you want FreeBSD you can boot from D and if you want Linux you can use
C . I know that this is Silly but that is more secure if you are not
familler with Linux .
Or you can do a multiboot installation .
Read the FreeBSD hand book for more information .
But any way back up your important data.
Good Luck
Sudharsha