Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: December 2001:
[linux-help] Re: Linux and BSD

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: Linux and BSD
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 05:51:18 -0600

I have never heard of anybody doing what you want to do... the most
multi-boot systems that I have heard of was "Leo Leaport" from Screen Savers
TV show where he had a multiboot system using BEOS, Win'98, Win'2000, and
Linux. To do this he had to do some tricky system loading and use "Partition
Magic's custom boot loader... Off the top of my head he had to load Win'2000
first, then Win'98, BEOS and last was Linux.

The only way that I could think off the top of my head to have a dual boot
'UNIX' type system would be by using a BOOT DISC (Floppy/CD) for the second
system, and load the system directly onto the second harddrive.

Anybody else got a better idea?

--David