Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: November 2001:
[linux-help] Re: HI

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: HI
From: james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 23:39:07 -0600 (CST)

> Hi
> I am having problems with my Multimedia apps
> Since I have not used linux as my pc os now that I have started
> though I am having few problems.
> When I configured the sound card which is CMI8338 though it detects the card
> it does not give me any sound play backs which it says that it is playing at
> the time of configuring.
> But I think the sound card is working because after I have setit up when I run
> an audio cd  I get a very faint sound.
> But my biggest problem is that I still do not have a movie playing software to
> run those dat files.
> I have sixthday on my table and still I cant watch it.

My guess would be that something is wrong in the mixer (iow, sound isn't turned
up)
Failing that look at (2.4.13 kernel) linux/drivers/sound/cmpci.c for the
module's parameters. line 2833

I am having a problem with this driver on a friend's redhat 7.2 machine with
built-in audio (ick), and thinking of donating a sb16 to my friend, of course,
this machine also has some other problems as well.

james l