Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2001:
[linux-help] Re: sendmail - delay

To: <linux-help@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [linux-help] Re: sendmail - delay
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 09:51:58 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Sudharsha Wijesinghe wrote:

> How do I disable Qpop from ident the client?

Ya know... I'm not seeing where qpopper is trying to use ident.  (Having
given the documentation and the source code a quick look-through.)  It
might be inetd trying to do that, but I don't remember inetd getting that
involved.

I'm no expert on what does and doesn't use ident, but when I managed
qpopper for SouthWind, we never had any problems involving timeouts caused
by ident requests, and the majority of the clients didn't run ident
servers.

I think you may be barking up the wrong tree with this supposed solution.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Toto, I don't think we're online anymore...