Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: March 2001:
[linux-help] Re: sendmail - delay

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: sendmail - delay
From: Weqaar Ali Janjua <wxjanjua@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 03:16:03 -0600

Hi,
  Well u did'nt tell me about the security setup of ur machine, as far as I
know pop uses tcpwrapper for executing it on new linux flavors, I assume
SOMETHING so put the following line in your /etc/hosts.allow file:

ipop3d:ALL (refer to the exact name used by inetd.conf)

this line wont cause any security breach as u want to allow pop3 access to
everybody right?
I dont use qpopper as pop3d , I use washington.edu's imap/pop3d thats much
better so I cant really help u with disabling Ident in qpop, maybe u need to
disable ident in its source and recompile it.

Let me know OK.