Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] Re: whowatch via telnet

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: whowatch via telnet
From: John <jmresler@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 01:38:42 -0500

The telnet thing is something I've noticed with my own win98 box and I don't
have a suggestion for that. The ps aux | grep username will tell you all
processes run by a certain user. There may be a better way of doing it but
that's the way I learned it and it works for me on my Linux station.

-JR

Nathan wrote:

> I've been using telnet from my Win98 box to work with my Linux box in the
> basement.  I've noticed that programs work through telnet with varying
> degrees of success.  Using mc as an editor doesn't work so well, but joe
> works great.  whowatch, however, doesn't work at all.  Does anyone know of
> a program that can perform the same function as whowatch, but works well
> through telnet?
>
> I've been reading the help and man, but I can't figure it out.  What
> options can I add to ps to find out what processes are associated with a
> certain user?
>
> Nathan

-- Type: text/x-vcard
-- File: jmresler.vcf