Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: linux-help: September 2000:
[linux-help] Re: whowatch via telnet

To: linux-help@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [linux-help] Re: whowatch via telnet
From: gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 00:31:47 -0500 (CDT)

you can do a 'ps auxww | grep <username>, and that will show you what
processes are associated w/ <username>

gLaNDix

also, you may want to get something better than the win telnet
client...  i like TerraTerm for doing telnet...

On 16 Sep, Nathan wrote:
> I've been using telnet from my Win98 box to work with my Linux box in the
> basement.  I've noticed that programs work through telnet with varying
> degrees of success.  Using mc as an editor doesn't work so well, but joe
> works great.  whowatch, however, doesn't work at all.  Does anyone know of
> a program that can perform the same function as whowatch, but works well
> through telnet?
>
> I've been reading the help and man, but I can't figure it out.  What
> options can I add to ps to find out what processes are associated with a
> certain user?
>
> Nathan

<<< Linux lloydix 2.2.16 #3 Thu Jun 22 15:43:36 CDT 2000 i586 unknown >>>

Quimby: And now to usher in this new era of feeling good is the
        godfather of soul, James Brown.
 Brown: Ow!  [singing]
        I feel good, huh!
        I knew that I would, now.  How!
        I feel good, good God!
        I knew that I would.  Hah!
        So good!  So good!  I got a-you.  Wow!
         [The bandstand collapses, and everyone gasps]
        Hey, wait a minute.  Hold on here -- this bandstand wasn't
        double-bolted.  Huh.
Worker: I didn't feel like it.
 Homer: Hey, I hear you, buddy.
                -- James Brown, closet carpenter, "Bart's Inner Child"