Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2008:
[gopher] Re: Serving up gopher content via a wiki

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Serving up gopher content via a wiki
From: "Jay Nemrow" <jnemrow@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:29:16 -0600

I had something like this going already with a combination of Docuwiki and
pygopherd.  The important part ended up being that Docuwiki stores its
documents as flat text files which pygopherd (actually most gopher servers)
is accustomed to using.  Sounds like what you are doing is much more
sophisticated.  WikiWords (embedded hyperlinks) have no analogue in gopher
so I ended up altering my wiki behavior to make things work better in
gopher.  Messy.
Keep us up-to-date on the wiki/gopher hybrid.  I would be interested in the
results!  Anthing to make managing a gopher even easier would be exciting...

Jay Nemrow