Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2008:
[gopher] Re: Serving up gopher content via a wiki

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Serving up gopher content via a wiki
From: brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:17:13 -0500

On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:11:02AM -0500, brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> This is where I believe proxies will play an important role in
> bringing gopher (back) to the masses who are sick and tired of not
> being able to find *information* quickly.

A random thought:

In fact, there's really no reason to make a big deal about a proxy
being a gopher proxy -- many won't care, so long as they can simply
find the information they need.  And the "clickable link" meme will
certainly carry over into the gopher world without users having to
change their habits, install add-ons to their browsers, etc.