Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: July 2008:
[gopher] Re: Serving up gopher content via a wiki

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Serving up gopher content via a wiki
From: brian@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 11:11:02 -0500

On Mon, Jul 07, 2008 at 04:29:16PM -0600, Jay Nemrow wrote:
> Keep us up-to-date on the wiki/gopher hybrid.  I would be interested in the
> results!  Anthing to make managing a gopher even easier would be exciting...

Jay, that's my next goal: To edit and serve up gopher content
directly.

I figure the more tools that are out there that offer gopher support,
the more likely it will be to attract newcomers.  Especially if gopher
access requires no expenditure of effort on the part of the end user.
This is where I believe proxies will play an important role in
bringing gopher (back) to the masses who are sick and tired of not
being able to find *information* quickly.

  --Brian