Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2008:
[gopher] Re: Gopher server on shared host

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher server on shared host
From: Brandon Poder <xythonix@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 20:27:47 -0500

Matthew Nawrocki wrote:
> Wow... I had no idea that SDF was such a tight community.
>
> Oh I do have a quick question... How do I upload files to my
> gopherspace on SDF? The terminal is a bit archaic for me... :-(
>
> Matt

Well the whole Alpha64 architecture of SDF is a bit archaic if you ask
me but I live and breathe in terminal windows there are several
tutorials under "help" or "faq" as soon as you log into SDF.  If you are
an Arpa member which I think you need to be to access Gopherspace you
should be able to upload to your directory then "mv" to your
Gopherspace.  I am unsure if you can directly FTP via FilleZilla or any
other FTP program directly as I never used SDF's Gopherspace?  Shoot
SMJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx an email if all else fails he is usually on the
grid this time of night.

Brandon