Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2008:
[gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:24:01 -0800 (PST)

> Tested OverBiteFF on FF3-beta/WindowsXP-Pro on several different servers and
> it appears to work very well!  Bookmarking works fine and all the servers
> seemed to display things as expected.  I had created a gopher+ test
> directory on SDF to see if VIEWS was supported (this was on a different
> "project"); OverBiteFF just displays the individual files and shows a
> triangular worning sign next to the 0+ Item that, supposably, initiates the
> gopher+ ViEWS menu.

Interesting. I didn't even think to try Gopher+ at it. I'm not planning on
supporting Gopher+ at the moment due to the constraints of the browser model
(though for the full Overbite I will, when I get around to working on that).
If you can shoot me the URI for that 'test directory' I would like to examine
it, since the warning icon should only appear for itype 3.

> Telnet and HTTP links work fine as do most Query items.

Which query items didn't?

> I seemed like PDF documents caused some
> variation in which icon got displayed, but that probably has more to do with
> what Type it was coded as by the server admins.

Right. I made a defacto itype 'd' (PdF) for those, with 'p' going to PNG.
I really don't want to do extension sniffing if I can avoid it since the
itype (except for the odious I) should be unambiguous.

Anyway, please E-mail me the Gopher+ 'test' dir if you can (private E-mail
fine if you don't want public examination).

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx