Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2008:
[gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:47:24 -0800 (PST)

> Hey Cameron, I installed Fx3 to test this extension and it's a work of
> art. It's even got all the icons to keep Gopher interesting for many
> more years. What I'm wondering is whether it's possible to get rid of
> the 1px curved border in order to simplify? I think the interface is a
> lot more direct without it.

Easily -- you just change the style sheet. This is a bit cart-before-the-horse
but the idea works like this. If you go to

        gopher:///internal-gopherchrome.css

the style sheet comes up. Make a directory named 'gopherchrome' and copy the
style sheet there (named gopherchrome.css). Season to taste -- the classes
and IDs should be pretty obvious.

To skin the icons, make .pngs in that directory named icnX.png where X is the
item type. (The difference is for URL-escaped itemtypes like ; which is
%3b -- name the that one icn3b.png, und so weiter.)

Any .css or .png in that directory is serve-able, incidentally -- just
follow the template above for the URL.

I had it "plain" before but I didn't like it as much, and this was easy to
implement without being heavy since the browser itself draws it.

There are a couple bug fixes I need to do and then I will generate a new
version for people's review.

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- They make a desert and call it peace. -- Tacitus ---------------------------