Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2008:
[gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!
From: SiMpLe MaChInEs <simple@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 16:00:53 -0800

Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It's finally here --
> OverbiteFF is ready for beta testing! ...

Tested OverBiteFF on FF3-beta/WindowsXP-Pro on several different servers and
it appears to work very well!  Bookmarking works fine and all the servers seemed
to display things as expected.  I had created a gopher+ test directory on SDF
to see if VIEWS was supported (this was on a different "project"); OverBiteFF
just displays the individual files and shows a triangular worning sign next to
the 0+ Item that, supposably, initiates the gopher+ ViEWS menu. Telnet and HTTP
links work fine as do most Query items.  I seemed like PDF documents caused some
variation in which icon got displayed, but that probably has more to do with
what Type it was coded as by the server admins.

Nice work!

Regards,
Jeff Woodall