Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: February 2008:
[gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: OverbiteFF beta is READY!!
From: Cameron Kaiser <spectre@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 05:42:16 -0800 (PST)

> I now see my mistake: I wanted the error thrown by a missing item type
> 0 to be rendered as an item type 1. That doesn't make sense.
> I like your idea for Bucktooth and agree that item type 3 isn't 'special'.

I think there are a lot more applications where 3 could be used, which was
one of the design goals (i.e., improving Gopher's expressiveness).

> Two more minor suggestions, I have no idea if they are even possible for
> extensions/add-ons:
>
>   1. Register the gopher:// handle for Firefox.
>   2. Use a custom icon for gopher:// bookmarks. (The mascot icon?)

2 might be possible by "cheating" (i.e., embedding a <link> in it like any
other favicon). I'll look into that for the next release.

By 1, do you mean register with the operating system?

  Cameron Kaiser * Floodgap Systems * www.floodgap.com * ckaiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx
-- His mind is like a steel trap -- full of mice. -- Foghorn Leghorn ----------