Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2007:
[gopher] Re: Mozilla bugs about Gopher, and a dangerous one

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Mozilla bugs about Gopher, and a dangerous one
From: Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:00:43 -0500

Actually Veronica is not dead, it's alive and well, right on the port it was
intended to be on.
It's port is quite appropriate for any millenium, any web browser which can't
handle ports is frankly past broken. How Moz acts, with it redirecting the
client to a different site while keeping the port looking as if it's where it
should be is quite unacceptable.
Historically speaking it is un-questionably proper as it is.
For the new millenium, why would you not allow the ports be used as they always
had?
Veronica-2 is very nice, and is a valid tool, just as is Veronica.
Chris

--
Join FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://member.fsf.org/join?referrer=3014>