Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: April 2007:
[gopher] Re: Mozilla bugs about Gopher, and a dangerous one

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Mozilla bugs about Gopher, and a dangerous one
From: Chris <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 22:13:44 -0500

Or lynks, links, GET, gopher, Opera + squid,
moasaic, mmosaic, netscape 4.73, mozilla4, Older Curl's,
etc... but my point was with firefox and hence Mozilla.
Why would I use that browser when it doesnt follow the Gopher protocols and
does not allow ports other than 70 to be viewed and further wrongly misdirects
ports other than 70 back to 70?
Not only for search engines but any gopherspace with a port other than 70, this
is wrong and discouraging, thats why I dont use moz anymore.
I use a variety of other clients to browse gopherspace, either in line mode or
from console or if I happen to be in a gui there too.
Chris

--
Join FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://member.fsf.org/join?referrer=3014>