Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: gopher: January 2002:
[gopher] Re: Gopher thoughts

To: gopher@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gopher] Re: Gopher thoughts
From: Jon Nelson <jnelson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 13:34:43 -0600

On Wed, 16 Jan 2002 14:11:42 -0500
Ralph Furmaniak <sugaku@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Personally, I think we need a gopherd written in Python, and I aim to
> > do that one of these days.  (Really!)

Actually, I wrote one a long time ago.
It still works, but it's somewhat incomplete.
I got stalled because getting definitive protocol answers seemed
to be out of the scope for Gopher. If anybody has better docs than
DRAFT_Gopher_FYI_RFC.txt, Gopher+.txt, or protocol.txt, then
I'm all ears.

It doesn't do gopher+ but normal gopher browsing seems to work.

--
Jon Nelson
jnelson@xxxxxxxxxxx