Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: City utilization range

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: City utilization range
From: nicholas.g.lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:49:46 +1000

>>As the new city grows in size, the support would drop off to nothing.
Then,
>>as the new city grows further, it starts sending food back.
>>
>>The end result would be like a pyramid scheme, with food constantly
>>flowing towards the centre, promoting growth in the first city.
>

>Is the tribute food made up from whole cloth, similar to trade points,
>or is it taken from current production?
>If it's taken from current production, this requires that
>taxmen/scientists/elvis special population generate a positive return
>over unhappycost.  If it's free, that calculation might be far more
 >favorable.

 I'm thinking that it should be taken from current production. This
 would encourage cities-that-send-a-tribute to establish their
 own satellite cities that send them tribute. As long as the tribute
 in is equal to or greater than the tribute out, it is fine.

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.