Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2005:
[Freeciv] Re: City utilization range

To: clipart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Peter Ehrlich <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: City utilization range
From: Peter Schaefer <peter.schaefer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 20:29:49 +0200

The smallpox issue will not be cured unless economy would be reworked
such that there are bonus buildings very early and such that a city
requires certain buildings before giving more output.

However, the question is whether it needs to get reworked. Most
approaches to reworking it will result in longer games, which are
unplayable to the majority of players. Also, early bonus buildings
means that the empires of some players will expand even faster and
make the game more lopsided.

Currently I think that some buildings should be cheaper and I like the
idea of a smithy as early bonus. Buildings will naturally increase the
players desire to have bigger cities. There is a post on the
forum#gameplay somewhere that echoes the idea.

-peter the other