Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: July 2004:
[Freeciv] Re: Dirigible

To: "Jim C. Nasby" <decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Dirigible
From: Davor <davorb@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 19:41:52 +0000

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:18:18 -0500, Jim C. Nasby <decibel@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> It might be interesting to have two different versions, one that can
> carry troup and one that can't. One thing to note is that there's
> currently no air units capable of carrying troops; that capability might
> make this unit useful even late in the game.
>
> That makes me wonder, why isn't there any kind of transport aircraft?
>

> On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 02:12:34PM +1000,
> nicholas.g.lawrence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >

> > >Eddie
> >     >I've seen (at least some of) their posts (and yours).  And I
> > >haven't noticed any gaps in the thread so far.  No worries here.
> > >:-)
> >
> > nick
> > I think some of the previous discussion suggested
> > attack 0
> > defence 1?
> >
> > Was the proposal that the dirigible be mainly for
> > 1) exploration
> > 2) troop carrier
> > in that order of priority?
> >
> > I only got the very tail end of that discussion.

> > Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
> > the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
> > Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
> > endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
> > If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
> > please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
> > from your computer.
> >

> --
> Jim C. Nasby, Database Consultant                  jim@xxxxxxxxx
> Member: Triangle Fraternity, Sports Car Club of America
> Give your computer some brain candy! www.distributed.net Team #1828
>
> Windows: "Where do you want to go today?"
> Linux: "Where do you want to go tomorrow?"
> FreeBSD: "Are you guys coming, or what?"

It would be stupid to create two diffirent versions, with the only
thing seperating them would be the ability to carry troops. It
would be much smarter to create a new unit instead.

A transport aircraft sounds like a good idea. And I'm astounded
that it has not (yet) been implemented.
--
Truly Yours,
Davor