Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: feature request againts pubserver cheats

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: feature request againts pubserver cheats
From: Andy Smith <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 00:58:53 +0100

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 08:29:37PM +0200, Christian Knoke wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 10:10:20AM -0700, Paul Zastoupil wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 03:49:41PM +0200, Thomas Strub wrote:
> > >
> > > The 2-3 biggest players in the game should not be overvoteable. And then
> > > the problem is solved.
> > >
> > > You need a majority in active players to make the vote and a seperate
> > > majority (all) from the leading players for the result.
> >
> > Are you referring to the Freeciv Security Council?
>
> *LOL*

All joking aside, perhaps such a thing should be available as an
option, to determine who can declare war on who and stuff :)

Increased reputation loss from going against the wishes of the
security council?  Get put into an axis of evil and have everyone
declare war on you?

Might be useful for those long term games mentioned earlier, where
early war is not desired.

--
"My current provisioning rule is to have no more than 2 out of 3 upstreams in
 bankruptcy at any one time. Of course, we allow the 3rd to be near bankruptcy,