Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: October 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: feature request againts pubserver cheats

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: feature request againts pubserver cheats
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 18:28:36 +0200

> Here is something I have suggested before: We implement a voting mechanism
> for all CTRL level commands done during the game. All players get INFO
> level access instead. It works like this
>
> =09/vote endyear 500
>
> Then _next turn_ all players are notified that a vote is in progress, and
> can vote yes or no like this
>
> =09/vote yes
>
> or
>
> =09/vote no
>
> If more 'yes' votes are counted than 'no' votes before turn ends, then the
> command specified in the vote gets executed by the player who suggested
> the vote as if that player had CTRL access.

Yes, that seems workable to me.

> The only thing I can think of that is not so nice about this is setting
> timeout or a player to AI when there is no timeout, if not all players are
> at their keyboard. Then the game cannot continue.

Why not?  Non-voters shouldn't count either way, I think.
You always have at least 40 seconds to vote on pubserver.

> Note that it would be possible to
>
> =09/vote cmdlevel ctrl player1
>
> and make player1 a judge for the game, to avoid such situations.

Well, cmdlevel is not an option, it's a command, but voting can
be applied to commands of course.  (/score !)
Another issue is that cmdlevel is cmdlevel hack.

--
Reinier