Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: May 2003:
[Freeciv] Re: Cannons attacking ships?

To: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Cannons attacking ships?
From: Alan Horkan <horkana@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2003 17:50:41 +0100 (BST)

On Fri, 2 May 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:

> Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 23:30:57 +0100 (BST)
> From: Gregory Berkolaiko <Gregory.Berkolaiko@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: Wawrzyniec Niewodniczanski <niewod@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Cc: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [Freeciv] Re: Cannons attacking ships?
>
> On Fri, 2 May 2003, Wawrzyniec Niewodniczanski wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 2 May 2003, Gregory Berkolaiko wrote:
> >
> > > Make it Coastal I, Coastal II & Coastal III.
> > >
> > I don't like idea of building sth. 3 times. Maybe better idea is paying for
> > upgrade of this building? I quest it should work for City Walls to because
> > is
>
> I was rather thinking about building Coastal II in addition to Coastal I

I have difficulty imagine what exactly coastal defences are (cannons,
watchtowers or what?).
It might be nice for Coastal defences to be cheaper if you already have
city walls if that makes sense.

I am starting to realise that in the current gameplay building/buying
Coastal Defences makes a lot of sense.  I have a game in progress and I
now very much intend to build a load of Coastal Defences and see how it
works out in practice.

- Alan