Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2002:
[Freeciv] New CivII-like tileset ready!

To: "Christian Knoke" <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>, <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] New CivII-like tileset ready!
From: "Marco Tarini" <tarini@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 00:43:09 +0200

Actually, Christian Knoke is right.
So, I followed Raimar Flake's suggestion and now civ2gfx is a script that
converts the copyrighted civ2 gifs into a tileset for free-civ. It runs
under windows and you can take it at the same place as before, that is
"www.ib.pi.cnr.it/tmp/civ2gfx.zip" (screenshots still at
"www.ib.pi.cnr.it/tmp/screenshot0.png"
"www.ib.pi.cnr.it/tmp/screenshot1.png").

I guess that now it could be distributed directly in the freeciv website
(assuming that it is something useful).

Marco

(And yes, I try to put my pressure as citizen of a democratic country on the
"don't let WTO-like rules for copyright in Eurpe" issue. ;)