Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: April 2002:
[Freeciv] Re: New CivII-like tileset ready!

To: freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv] Re: New CivII-like tileset ready!
From: Christian Knoke <chrisk@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 09:15:41 +0200

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 09:57:15PM +0200, Marco Tarini wrote:

> So, I've made that "exactly like civII" tileset. I started with the result
> of the script of
> Lino Mastrodomenico and than reedited/added images and specification files
> until
> it was nice enough and working with the latest (.12) version.

If you "reedit/add" images of the original civ 2 tileset and redistribute
them, you are still infringing international copyrights. You shouldn't do
that.

The Freeciv maintainers should *not* *at* *all* support this kind of
action IMHO.

Instead, go to your local representative, and talk him into efforts
for *not* enforcing copyright laws in the EU e.g. [1]

Christian

[1] In case you live in a democratic country.

--
Christian Knoke     * * *      http://www.enter.de/~c.knoke/