Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv: November 2001:
[Freeciv] Nations + Feeling

To: <freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv] Nations + Feeling
From: Vegh Karoly <charlie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2001 10:50:33 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I knew CIV since the old DOS version, and now, that i play FreeCIV under
linux, the old feeling seems to touch me, and go to sleep at 4 a.m. :)
Though i miss the old explanations of the technology improvements, when my
sciencists invent something (a popup-window they let me know what they
invented and the description of the new technology, with a little
graphic). How 'bout new-implementing this old feature? Of course it could
be optional, but imho it just raised the feeling :)
Same opinion about the old fullscreen city-view feature. Optional again
ofc, but i was always happy to see the wonders and the city (or the civil
disorder...). Just like the palace building thingie, but this one is the
least important from the above mentioned three, imho.

Another question: What do i need to get a new country into FreeCIV? My
wife is austrian, i'm hungarian, and she's quite offended that Hungary can
be found in CIV, but Austria not. How to fix this? Shall i send u couple
of Austrian city names, and ideas what they should have at startup?

tia

lanc

ps. from the answers can i have a cc pls?

--
*x Software + Systeme  - http://www.xss.co.at